How to Turn Off Recurring Invoices in QuickBooks Online
Recurring invoices in QuickBooks Online are a handy feature that allows you to automate the billing process for your customers. However, there may be instances when you no longer need to generate recurring invoices. In such cases, it is important to know how to turn off this feature. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to turn off recurring invoices in QuickBooks Online:
1. Log in to your QuickBooks Online account and navigate to the Gear icon in the top right corner.
2. Under the Your Company column, select Recurring Transactions.
3. From the list of recurring transactions, find the recurring invoice you want to turn off and click on Edit.
4. In the Edit Recurring Invoice window, click on the pencil icon next to the Type field.
5. Select Unscheduled from the drop-down menu and click on Save Template.
6. A warning message will appear asking if you want to delete the schedule. Click on Yes, Delete Schedule.
7. Your recurring invoice is now turned off. You can confirm this by going back to the Recurring Transactions page and checking if the status of the invoice has changed to Unscheduled.
FAQs about Turning Off Recurring Invoices in QuickBooks Online:
1. Will turning off a recurring invoice delete the invoice history?
No, turning off a recurring invoice will not delete the invoice history. The invoice history will remain intact.
2. Can I reactivate a recurring invoice after turning it off?
Yes, you can reactivate a recurring invoice by simply editing the template and changing the Type field back to Scheduled.
3. Can I turn off multiple recurring invoices at once?
No, you need to turn off each recurring invoice individually by following the steps mentioned earlier.
4. Will the customers be notified when I turn off a recurring invoice?
No, customers will not be notified when you turn off a recurring invoice.
5. Can I edit a recurring invoice after turning it off?
Yes, you can edit a recurring invoice even after turning it off. Simply locate the recurring invoice in the Recurring Transactions page and click on Edit.
6. What happens if I delete a recurring invoice instead of turning it off?
Deleting a recurring invoice will remove it from the Recurring Transactions page and the invoice history.
7. Can I turn off recurring invoices for specific customers only?
No, the feature to turn off recurring invoices applies to all customers and cannot be customized for specific customers.
By following these steps, you can easily turn off recurring invoices in QuickBooks Online and manage your billing process efficiently.