How to Put Your Shopify Store Under Construction
As an online store owner, there may be times when you need to temporarily close your Shopify store for maintenance, updates, or revamping. To ensure a smooth transition and maintain professionalism, it is essential to put your store under construction. Here are the steps to follow:
1. Log in to your Shopify admin dashboard.
2. From the Shopify settings, navigate to the “Online Store” section.
3. Scroll down to the “Preferences” tab.
4. Under the “Password protection” heading, tick the box that says “Enable password.”
5. Set a unique password that customers will need to enter to access your store during the maintenance period.
6. Customize the password page by adding a personalized message, company logo, or any other relevant information.
7. Save your changes, and your Shopify store will now be under construction.
FAQs about Putting Shopify Store Under Construction:
1. Can I still access my Shopify store while it is under construction?
Yes, as the store owner, you can bypass the password protection by logging in to your Shopify admin dashboard.
2. Will my customers still be able to view and purchase products?
No, customers will be redirected to the password page and will not have access to your store’s products or checkout.
3. How long should I keep my store under construction?
The duration depends on the updates or maintenance you need to perform. It is recommended to keep it under construction for as short a period as possible to avoid inconveniencing customers.
4. Can I still fulfill orders placed before I put my store under construction?
Yes, you can continue to fulfill orders as usual.
5. Will my store’s SEO be affected by putting it under construction?
Temporarily closing your store will not have a significant impact on your SEO. However, it is advisable to inform search engines by using the “coming soon” meta tag.
6. Can I still access my store’s analytics during the construction period?
Yes, you can continue to monitor your store’s analytics by logging in to your Shopify admin dashboard.
7. How can I inform my customers about the temporary closure?
Utilize your social media platforms, newsletters, and email marketing to notify customers about the temporary closure and provide updates on when the store will be back online.
Putting your Shopify store under construction is a straightforward process that ensures minimal disruption to your customers while allowing you to make necessary updates or changes. Remember to communicate clearly with your customers to maintain transparency and manage their expectations.