How to Find Factory Invoice Price
When purchasing a new car, it is important to know the factory invoice price. The factory invoice price is the amount that the dealer pays the manufacturer for the vehicle. It is often lower than the sticker price or the manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP). Knowing the factory invoice price can help you negotiate a better deal and ensure that you are not overpaying for your new car. Here are a few ways to find the factory invoice price:
1. Research online: Many websites provide information on factory invoice prices for various car makes and models. These websites allow you to search for the specific car you are interested in and provide you with the factory invoice price.
2. Contact the manufacturer: You can call or email the manufacturer directly to request the factory invoice price for a specific car. They may be willing to provide you with this information or direct you to a dealership that can.
3. Ask the dealership: Although dealerships may not always disclose the factory invoice price willingly, you can ask them for it. Some dealerships may be transparent and provide you with the information you are looking for.
4. Join car forums: Online car forums are a great resource for car enthusiasts. Many members on these forums have access to factory invoice prices and are willing to share this information with others.
5. Hire a car buying service: Car buying services often have access to factory invoice prices and can provide you with this information for a fee. They can also help you negotiate a better deal and handle the entire car buying process for you.
Finding the factory invoice price can be a valuable tool when purchasing a new car. It gives you an idea of how much the dealer paid for the vehicle and allows you to negotiate a fair price. By doing your research and using the resources available, you can find the factory invoice price and ensure that you are getting the best deal possible.
1. Is the factory invoice price the same for every car of the same make and model?
No, the factory invoice price can vary based on any additional features or options added to the car.
2. Can the factory invoice price be negotiated?
While it is not always possible to negotiate the factory invoice price, it can be used as a starting point for negotiations with the dealer.
3. Does the factory invoice price include taxes and fees?
No, the factory invoice price does not include taxes and fees. These are additional costs that you will need to consider when purchasing a new car.
4. Can I use the factory invoice price to negotiate a better deal?
Yes, knowing the factory invoice price can give you leverage in negotiations and help you secure a better deal.
5. Are factory invoice prices available for used cars?
No, factory invoice prices are typically only available for new cars.
6. Do all dealerships have the same factory invoice price for a specific car?
No, dealerships may have different agreements with the manufacturer, resulting in different factory invoice prices.
7. Is the factory invoice price the lowest price I can pay for a new car?
No, the factory invoice price is not necessarily the lowest price you can pay. However, it can give you a good starting point for negotiations and help you avoid paying more than necessary.